Monday 9 April 2007

Boing! Boing!

Bliss, the Dandie Dinmont Terrier, has a new game that started a couple of days ago. It's called 'Boing Boing' also known as 'Isn't it fun getting up in the morning!'.

I've already told you about the getting up routine - starting with squeaks then, if I don't respond appropriately and quickly enough, developing into a little insistent bark. Now there is a third stage, the Boing. Oh - it's pronounced as in coin not as in the airplane.

As soon as my feet are on the floor it begins. She coils like a spring, jumps in the air with all four feet and lands in a different place - on the bed of course. Using the springiness of the bed she achieves quite a height and always lands neatly - she never lands on long-suffering old Boy who is probably trying to sneak in an extra hour's sleep. She does four boings but can easily be encouraged to do more if I pretend to catch her!

I haven't quite worked out whether it is 'hurry up Mother I want to get out and cause mayhem' or if it is 'gosh! isn't it great to be alive' but I really do suspect the latter and will report back.

No comments: